Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Progress

I was naughty and pushed my Day 4 workout back a day. I was just jonsing for a nice, long, peaceful run. It was overcast all morning which had really cooled things down. I laced up my shoes and headed to the trace to get some good mileage in and try to work out some of the soreness and water retention in my body. As sore as I was, my goal was for a sloppy 5 or 6 miles. It seriously took about 3 miles for my legs to finally loosen up. They felt like lead bricks the entire time before. But once they got warmed up, it was on! My pace increased by about 20 seconds.

I hit the 4.5 mile turnaround and decided to head back. The clouds were really rolling in and I could hear thunder in the distance. Just after mile 5 it started to rain. At about mile 5.5 it REALLY started to rain. There was nothing I could do but run in it. I just ran and had fun with it. The cool rain on my legs felt great! I was soaked from head to toe and thank goodness for my running cap. It kept the water out of my eyes.

I finally sloshed my way back to the car after 9 miles, dripping, soaking wet. I checked my split time on Minnie and I had improved my pace by 40 seconds per mile from the first split! Wow. Now if it could just rain like that for every race I could PR without any problems! :)

The run really worked most of my soreness out and it helped me flush a lot of the water weight I was retaining from the gym workouts. I did Day 4 yesterday and although it was still killer, I had to modify the moves much less. And I really concentrated on my form this workout. I'm still having some issues with the side planks and frog push-ups, but I'm getting there. And I managed a 2 mile tempo run yesterday after the workout. I killed it on the treadmill busting out two sub-nine minute miles. Sweet!

Today is day 5 and then two days rest time. I think I shall enjoy my days off by running. HAHAHA! Sad, I know.

Let me just say though that I have a WHOLE new appreciation for all you CrossFit folks!

Today I love: Sugar free jello chocolate swirl pudding. Yum!

5 comments:

maria khoury said...

running in the rain is so great - as long as its warm-ish!

Marlene said...

Jen, ohmigosh... I just realized I have completely neglected your blog FOREVER!!! For some stupid reason, your link in my "blog roll" was showing up as jenag96.blogspot.com and that link takes me to some kind of spam page - this is why I was not getting nay updates! Argh, I am so sorry!

Time to get caught up so you may get a bazillion comments from me over the next little while. :)

Marlene said...

P.S. If you scroll down to the VERY bottom of my blog list (right sidebar) you'll see what I'm talking about. It has your latest post title as "naruto ultimate ninja 2 psp"

WEIRD.

Once again, I really apologize for not noticing sooner. I've missed so much!

Marlene said...

ryc: Too funny... anyway, it's all fixed now. And I deleted the "ninja" link. lol!

Marky Mark said...

A sub nine minute mile on the treadmill is HARD!