I am shocked....SHOCKED I tell you. I ran last night. Four miles. And it felt great. WHAT the hell is going on? I forced myself to head out the door and just get the run over with before I even sat down. I got home, fed the dogs, changed into my running clothes, downed some water and out the door I went. The temperature bar on the computer said it was 88 degrees with a heat index of 94. Awesome. But I couldn't wait or I knew I wouldn't get the run in.
It actually felt pretty nice out there! There was a good breeze and my legs felt good. I was just kicking back and enjoying the run and next thing I know I've hit four miles. I LOVE runs like that! I LIVE for runs like that! Easy. Smooth. Fast. Perfect. Euphoric.
I've been having some trouble with motivation and energy levels lately. I would get home, sit down and just crash. Night before I fell asleep on the couch at 5:30! I'm getting enough sleep at night, but I think my habits during the day are sabotaging my runs in the evenings.
Some things I did differently yesterday:
- Ate a light lunch (I ate about half of what I usually eat - no gorging myself)
- I didn't eat when I got home. I had a light snack at 2:30.
- No sugar except for what was in my protein bar at breakfast.
- I refused to sit down and watch TV when I got home (what I usually do).
- I got straight into my running clothes and did some things around the house until 6:00 when I went for my run.
- I drank about 48 oz of water at work and then drank a big glass of water before my run.
Today I LOVE: Edamame! I have a whole bag to eat tonight. YUM!