Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Friends!

I found a new running group for Thursdays! I'm super excited. I usually run with a group on Saturdays. The main goal of the Saturday group is to train together for the Mardi Gras marathon and half marathon in February. Right now the group is just maintaining until Sept.1 when they officially start up training again. They're running a different, shorter route, so I haven't really been able to train with them too much lately.

One of the guys in the Saturday group owns an awesome running store in town. http://www.varsityrunning.com/mandeville.html They hold a group run on Thursday nights! I got on their e-mail list and they started up their Thursdaynight runs again. They post the running routes on http://www.mapmyruns.com and this Thursday they have posted a 3 mile and a 5 mile route. So, I'm going to meet the group for the 5 miler tomorrow night. New route and new running friends. I'm excited!

It's the little push I needed this week. This week has been a bit of a motivational struggle for me. Sunday our neighbor was rushed to the hospital for heat stroke and we helped out the family until late Sunday night. And then yesterday Jeff's father had to be rushed into surgery for a detatched retina. He's fine now - it was a quick and easy fix, but between those two things my sleep patterns have really gotten off. I have just not been motivated to run. The excitement of running with a new group is exactly what I needed!

Today I LOVE: meeting new runners! It's always so inspirational.

1 comment:

Willie said...

Oh you're on your way now! Running groups are the key to staying on a training plan. I LOVE my club, they are my rock. It is such a great thing to be surrounded by people who share the same addiction as you.

Sorry to hear about your excitement lately. I hope things get back to normal soon. Sleep is so important. I'm so old now that if I don't get my normal sleep pattern I get VERY grumpy!