Thursday, July 17, 2008

4 miles...scratch that...3 miles

3 mile run - complete (should have been 4, but trying again tonight)
2.2 mile walk with the dogs - complete

I went out last night for my scheduled 4 mile run. It started off great. I was feeling pretty good. It wasn't too hot and my legs loosened up quickly before the first mile. I was keeping a pretty good pace and then I hit mile 3 and my stomach just cramped up again. Now I'm pretty sure this is acid reflux related because it was my upper stomach/lower diaphragm - right where I usually have pain from the reflux. The good thing is that I didn't feel like I had a lead brick in my stomach. So, the three miles that I did get in felt great. I decided to follow up the run with a nice walk with the dogs. That way I didn't feel totally defeated.

The Prilosec is really helping though. I can already tell a difference in just how my GI feels without all that acid production. Hopefully I'll be good to go by Saturday's long run. My schedule only calls for one 4 mile run this week, so I'm going to flip-flop it with tonight's run and try for four again. Wish me luck!

Here's the thing about today though. There's a blood drive in the basement of our building and I was going to go down there to donate. I ate a big breakfast and I'm going to donate early so that hopefully I won't be zapped for my run tonight. I need to find someplace for lunch that's serving red beans (not too hard in New Orleans - ha) to replenish my iron. I don't eat beef or pork, so I need to find that iron somewhere else. Maybe a big ole spinach salad and a side of beans.

Today I LOVE: Darra Torres. What an inspirational woman! I watched her compete during the Olympic trials and she just blew everybody out of the water. AND I want her physique! WOW - she is in awesome shape!

1 comment:

Willie said...

Sorry you are still having stomach problems. It sounds like you are maybe on track to get it under control though. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I used to run with Pepto pills but I'm not sure that will work for you since your pain is higher.

Good luck on your long run, they are my absolute fav! I can't get through a week without my long run.

Are you training for something specific or just running for fun? Either way, keep up the good work.

BTW, love the "Things I love today". Very original