Monday, March 23, 2009

Bad week

Total mileage this week - 19 miles - yup, 19 measly miles.

I tweaked my knee the middle of this week. Weird thing it was my OTHER knee - my "good" one (and when I say good - the one that had less cartilage removed.) And to top it all off, I didn't tweak it running; I tweaked it walking the dogs. *sigh* Sarah is a brute of a dog. She's about 80 lbs and all muscle. We were told she's a lab cross at the humane society, but she's REALLY short and stout and has a massive, flat head. Similar features to a pit bull my dad once had. Hmmmm... She's a totally sweetheart though. NEVER shown an ounce of aggression, even when another dog bit her. She's a lover, a licker and a player. So, this all goes to say that she loves to pull on the leash when she sees another critter to play with (squirrel, duck, cat, dog..) Somehow I must have braced or planted wrong walking her with her harness and tweaked my knee. I felt it happen, but it really wasn't too bad and I thought I could walk it off. I finished the walk and it felt better toward the end. But the rest of the week it's been pretty sore. I've had my patella support band on all week and have tried to lay off it. So, no good mileage this week, but I didn't want to risk hurting it further. So, I'll take things slow and easy this week and get back into the saddle.

On other interesting notes. I bought some Luna Moons this weekend. I'm anxious to try them out during the long run. I'm typically a goo gal, but the moons looked pretty good.

Some good links to check out:

Dane from TBL is at it again. After the marathon controversy last time he is going to run the Country Music Marathon next month and asking people to run with him. Hopefully this will be a much better experience for him (and the media won't LIE about his time). You can check out the story here: http://blog.nola.com/running/2009/03/biggest_loser_contestant_back.html

AND Brooks has a contest to win your own running gazebo. You win an eco gazebo/shed for your back yard, furnished with treadmill, water cooler, surround sound, flat screen TV, etc. You can sign in to win once a day through March 30 at http://www.runhappyplace.com

That's all I got for today folks!

Today I LOVE: quiet mornings working from home.

4 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

Sorry about the tweaked knee! Hope it's better this week. And thanks for the heads up about the Brooks gazebo thing - fun!

Sarah said...

Hope the knee starts feeling better really soon. I'm glad you're being super smart and screwing the mileage to let it rest. Wise girl!

Hope Dane trains for hills! That Nashville marathon is a silly son of a gun.

Enjoy working from home!

Marlene said...

Sorry to hear about the knee. :( I hope the rest helps and you're feeling 100% again in no time.

Glad to hear Dane is going to take on another full and hopefully finish it this time! Thanks for the link.

Willie said...

Knees suck! I want carbon fiber replacements with a 100 year warranty.

That totally sucks and I hope it was just a one-time, small pain that never comes back. You've got moons to eat for goodness sakes! No time for bad knees.

Good luck