Tuesday, November 4, 2008

No, no, no, no, no.....

Saucony has discontinued my FAVORITE RUNNING SHOE!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I went to my running store last week and they were ALL out of my shoe in the 8.5. I tried on the 8 - it felt OK, but I didn't really want to shell out $89 for a shoe I wasn't completely happy with. The lady there put me in a pair of Asics which I used to run in and have pretty good luck with. They felt good and they had them in my size. I needed a new pair. Well - when I went to "break them in" on a short run they felt fine. No problems and I could definitely tell my old pair were a bit broken down. Well...on the long run - different story. I have a nice little blister on my left, fourth toe from these demon spawn shoes. It's really not that bad, but STILL aggravating! The seam is rubbing a bit on that left toe. It was a tiny, tiny mark, but I'm sure as hell not going to wear those for the race. That's all I need is to run across the finish line with a bloody stump for a fourth toe. I've only run in these new ones twice, so maybe I can take them back and swap them out.

Anyway - I decided to get online to see if I could order a duplicate pair of my little blue babies - my old Saucony ProGrid Trigon 5 Ride - which I totally heart. Ummm...sure - if I'm a size 6 or 11. ARGH!! I FINALLY, FINALLY (after extensive google searching) found one running store in NY that apparently still has some of my size in stock. I ordered them RIGHT OFF! I may even call them tomorrow and just tell them to send me the rest of their stock in my size. WHY DO THE SHOE MANUFACTURERS DO THIS?????? WHY????

I tried on the upgrade Saucony Triumphs and HATED them. (Good thing too because they're $120!). After some research on the shoes, I think I should go back and try on the Guide or the current Ride model (but it's NOT the Trigon 5). But still - it's NOT MY SHOE!


**SIGH** I'm frustrated.

4 comments:

BeachRunner said...

That is frustrating. Sometimes the replacement model is close enough to the original that it is a comfortable fit. But if it isn't... You bought yourself some time with that new pair, but good luck finding the right shoe eventually.

Marlene said...

Aw, sorry to hear they discontinued your trusty shoe. :( I hope the new ones work out.

Willie said...

OMG you poor thing. Those bastards! Take my car, take my house, take my kids (please!) but don't touch my running shoes! That's the third rail of our pseudo-religion!

{cough}, {cough} Brooks.....

Will you get your shoe before the race? I'll pray you do.

{cough}, {cough} Brooks.....

What will you do after this pair? Just remember that running counseling is always available. I'm sure with some good advice and support you can move on and find a new shoe. I know it sounds impossible right now, but you're strong and you'll get through this.

{cough}, {cough} Brooks.....

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear :(