Thursday, October 16, 2008

ONE month away!!!

As of today my first marathon race is exactly ONE MONTH AWAY!! This thing is getting real folks!!! Nervous, excited, antsy, hopeful, and nauseated all at the same time.

This Sunday is Race for the Cure! I love it! I'm so excited to don my pink from head to toe and go run for breast cancer. It's always such an exciting, inspiring race. I'll have to take it easy because I have an 18 miler on Saturday. So - no winning the 5K here (Pfff...like I would anyway?? HAHAHA!!)

GOOD LUCK to Sarah on her half this weekend!!! I'm over here cheering for you!!

OK - I'm really sick and tired of this heat! I went to Arkansas for a couple of days and the weather was gorgeous! It was in the 50s and really and truly felt like Fall. I get off the plane here in New Orleans and it's a muggy, nasty 86 degrees. BLECH!!! I want cold weather NOW dang it!

I have successfully recovered from my 20 miler. It took a good two days before the soreness was gone, but I wasn't hurting as much as I thought I would be. So far this week:

Monday = 5 miles
Wednesday = 6 miles
Tomorrow = 18 miles (I think I'll get it in early since I'm going to take off work and relax tomorrow)
Saturday = easy 3-4 mile recovery

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you. I have yet to run my first marathon, but it's in the works for next year!

Good luck!

Willie said...

You are going to do great and I can't wait to hear all about it.

We have cold here! You are more than welcome to come and take it away. I'm not ready for it. I ran in long sleeves tonight.

Save the TA-TA's! I love Race for the Cure events. Good luck with that and your 18 miler. I'll be doing 18 on Saturday also

RBR said...

Pink from head to toe!! My kind of race! You must take pictures! Have fun!

You are going to have such a great time at your first marathon. Can't wait to read all about it!

Tater said...

You run 20 miles and are sore for a couple of days, I run 6 miles and am trying to rent a wheelchair and will volunteer for a muscle biopsy if it will help ROFL. We are in such different places lol!

1 month .... woohooooo!

Though about going to NO to do Race for the Cure but hub working so if can still move after 8 mile run this Sat plan to do the banana relay here.

Hope have fun run this weekend. I love RfortheC also! Such an inspiring and caring atmosphere!