Sunday, October 5, 2008

Coolest run ever!

I just finished up an AWESOME run around the National Mall and Johnson Memorial Park. The weather is gorgeous here in D.C. And I sort of mapped out a run from the hotel on mapmyrun.com. Then I just left the hotel and, well, just ran. I didn't worry about time (and good thing because I had to stop at several traffic lights). I just went and ran wherever my legs took me - 8.5 miles. I passed the Lincoln Memorial, across the Potomac River, down through several miles of Johnson Memorial Park, back across the Potomac, around the Jefferson Memorial, around the Tidal Basin, up near the WWII Memorial, around the Washington Monument, right by the White House and then back to the hotel. What a spectacular run! I just took it slow and easy and enjoyed the weather and the scenery. Ahhhh...this is what running is all about.

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful support and advice. I'm going to do the full. It may be ugly and I may be vomiting my way across the finish line and then I may collapse into the fetal position while I find my happy place. But I'M gonna do it! I've been training for months now. I don't want to give up now.

Cool thing, we have a half day off on Wednesday. I brought Minnie and my fuel belt so I may try for a slow, easy long run on Wednesday afternoon. What better place to do it? I'm going to take my camera and have fun with it. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome...I am jealous...That is what running is all about...The scenery, the run, and you...

Doesn't get better than that.

Willie said...

Oh oh oh oh oh I'm so jealous. I did the exact same thing last time I was in D.C. I just took off running.

Good for you!

Great decision.

Tater said...

WOW - Sounds like such a cool run!!! Wish I were thereeee lol. Did the 3 mile run thru the Budweiser plant - not near as cool as your run but there was free beer after lol. Hope your race goes well!!!

Geaux Jen Geaux!

Willie said...

Hey you promised!!!