My most favorite running store in the world, Varsity Sports (http://www.varsityrunning.com/mandeville.html), has started the year off with a bang! They have three sets of challenges for the next six weeks. The challenges consist of:
- Running 60 miles, 120 miles or 180 miles over the next six weeks - depending on the challenge,
- Volunteering at a local race,
- Performing two core or weight workouts each week,
- Completing one super workout (5 miles in the a.m. and 5 miles in the p.m. or 10 miles in the a.m. and 10 miles in the p.m. - again depending on the challenge), and
- Running a set distance on a specific marathon race course.
They're posting charts in their store and you can go in and update your progress each week. I think it would be a blast to take on. I just have to decide if I want to do the V challenge (the 20 mpw) or the V2 challenge (the 30 mpw).
Today I LOVE: that the new season of The Biggest Loser started yesterday!!!