Saturday, February 7, 2009

In the great words of RBR...

"BOO YAH!!!!"

The weather here is GORGEOUS!!! The mean, ole, nasty cold front finally moved through and it's going to get up into the 70s today! Yeeeehaaww!!!

I've been stuck to the 'mill for the last several weeks. I've done really well and tried to do a lot of speed work, but I don't really acknowledge my speed on the treadmill b/c I know it lies!! LIES like a convict (I was going to say "dog" but my babies never lie to me!). It doesn't take into account added road friction (coefficient of mu - that's for you Willie you enginerd!), wind resistance, incline, cars, dogs chasing you, snot rockets, etc...

Yesterday I went outside for a run because it was beautiful and I wanted to take advantage. I only had a short time, because we were going on a couple date for dinner. I figured I'd just go get a quick run in and do a couple of miles. I started off, my ipod freshly loaded, expecting a "comfortable" speed around 9:30 or 9:40. The wind was blowing steadily so I knew that would slow me down a bit. Well Minnie tells me "Nope, Sweetheart. You're running an 8:46!" I finished out three miles at an average 9:05 pace, WITH the wind fighting me, AND I wasn't about to fall over out of breath!

Hee..hee...I'm just exstatic at how I'm improving on my pace times. Sub 2:00 half marathon..here I come!!! (eventually...)

Today I LOVE: this spring like weather and my girl-date to the movies today!!!

5 comments:

Marlene said...

I see a sub-2:00 in your future for sure! Enjoy the weather.

Here are your interview questions - thanks for playing. :)

1. What has been your best race experience?

2. Describe your ideal day.

3. What were you doing 10 years ago?

4. What accomplishment are you most proud of?

5. What would people be most surprised to learn about you?

(include the following after your answers)

To play along:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.



**Have fun!**

Junie B said...

Jen: go back to my blog to see the answer to your question!! ;o)

Southbaygirl said...

I lie here in bed posting from my Blackberry...and you're talking about a sub 2:00 half-I am unworthy of posting!!!

My favorite part of your post was "snot rockets"... What do you do on a treadmill???
I'm glad you are having spring like weather-we have had torrential rain(which I LOVE) so bad weather might be headed your way!!!

What movie are you seeing? I need a movie event witht he girls-hell I need girls to do anything with!!

Penny

BeachRunner said...

Sweet!

RBR said...

So totally a BOO YAH moment! Go you!

If I ever saw 8:46 pace on my Garmin I would be assured that either:

1. The damn thing has died for good and needs to be replaced

or

2. I have been hit by and I am currently being drug under a truck.

You rock! One Sub 2 hour 1/2 mary coming up!