Thursday, February 12, 2009

For Better or For Worse

I know, when we got married that I agreed to take my husband and all that he is for better or for worse, but did that really mean his germs too?? The stinker gave me his stupid, dang cold. Blah. He was sick late last week. I thought that I was safe and missed it until late Sunday night when I started feeling tingly and run-down. Monday = fever. Tuesday = fever. Ugh. It wasn't a terrible cold; really no congestion (thank God), just a mild fever and scratchy throat. Enough to make you feel like total poo. The fever finally broke on Tuesday night and I really felt much better yesterday. Not having run for three days, I decided to go out for a nice easy run last night.



I might have overdone it.



I just wanted to get an easy three miles in. The weather was perfect and it really felt good to stretch my legs out and work up a good sweat. Well, three miles turned into four which turned into five. And I finished out at a 9:45 average pace. Yeah - I pushed too much too soon. I still felt really good last night and then I woke up this morning to a scratchy throat and some congestion. Grrrrr.... So, I'll take it easy. Luckily I have a FOUR DAY WEEKEND starting tomorrow!! Whooohooo!!!!

OK, so Marlene sent me these interview questions that I've been meaning to answer.

1. What has been your best race experience?

That's a toss up between two races - my first half marathon and my first full marathon. My first half I trained and ran with some girls I met through an online blog. Before that the farthest I had ever run was 4 miles! So, it was a huge accomplishment for me to run 13.1 and to be surrounded by such awesome women to boot. And of course my first full marathon was amazing. Painful and exciting and joyful and exhilarating all at the same time. I was just shocked to have finished and now I'm jonesing for another one!

2. Describe your ideal day.

It's a nice spring day (read - low humidity) and I wake up early and get in a great long run. You know - the kind of run that just "clicks". I come home, shower and my husband and I go eat breakfast at our favorite little bistro on the lake. We take the dogs for a walk and play outside with them. I read my book for a bit and take a nap while an afternoon shower rolls in. We cook out on the grill that evening and finish up the night with a nice glass of wine and a good movie.

3. What were you doing 10 years ago?

I had just graduated college and had started my new job in Houston, TX with an environmental consulting firm. I was engaged (to a different person) and definitely NOT running. Still really trying to find my way.

4. What accomplishment are you most proud of?

Again - two major ones for me 1.) marrying my wonderful husband and 2.) finishing 26.2 miles without crying.

5. What would people be most surprised to learn about you?

So many...I've had knee surgery on both knees, I'm double jointed at my elbows (it freaks people out), I play the piano (took lessons for 10 or 11 years)...

To play along:1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Today I LOVE: Clean Eating magazine. My sister turned me onto it and it has some GREAT recipes (all very healthy of course). You can check it out at www.cleaneatingmag.com

5 comments:

Marlene said...

Thanks for participating - I enjoyed learning a little more about you. Your ideal day sounds perfect! Oh, and I am always fascinated by double-jointed people.

GET WELL SOON!

BeachRunner said...

Nice post. Except for the getting sick part. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.

Sarah said...

Take it easy! You are a running machine and don't need to kill yourself to get back out there!!

OMG! Just clicked on Clean Eating! WOW! Love it! I will be trying some of those recipes. Thanks for sharing!

Southbaygirl said...

Being sick sucks!! And I do the same thing-i go out and run when I probably shouldn't....but I so need it for my head. I'm glad you are feeling better!! Whatever has been going around sucks!!

Your perfect day sounds PERFECT!!! Makes me so want a day off with perfect weather!!! And maybe a man I could share it with-HA HA that won't be happening here in southern cal...men here SUCK!

Unknown said...

I was feeling the same way as you were! Hope we both feel awesome soon again!