Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lovely Blog Awards

Whooohoooo!! I got an award for something - finally! DC Runner Girl tagged by blog as one to follow. AND I even got a "How cool is that?" from her. Ohhhh the pressure now to live up to the hype. :D And yes, I totally agree with her that the award photo is hideous. It looks like a cross between my Grandmother's "sitting room" (where we're not allowed to touch anything or actually sit in there) and a Southern cotillion chiffon-fest. I can just smell the powder potpourri emanating off of the photo!

The rules behind this award:

1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.

2) Pass the award to other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

Here are just a few of the blogs that I think warrant a shout out - new and old. They're guaranteed to inspire you or make you feel guilty for being a lazy-butt and eating that last pint of Bluebell ice cream while laying on the couch catching up on the latest America's Next Top Model (not that I've EVER done that or anything...)

  • Of Course - DC Runner Girl's awesome blog. She's a runner, swimmer, cross-trainer extraordinaire. The girl does it all.
  • My friend Sarahthequeen1's blog Belle of the County. This girl is amazing. She coached and supported and inspired me through my first marathon training. I am forever indebted to her. She is also a morning workout crazy-head. She's one of those 4:30 in the morning type people who can actually function productively at that time.
  • Run Bitch Run's blog keeps me in stitches. She's just freakin' hilarious with her trials and tribulations regarding all the biking and running she does. 'Nuff said.
  • Marlene's Mission to (a)nother Marathon blog is fantastic. This girl just slays half marathons like they're nuthin'! I am constantly inspired my her PRs and hope to one day join her in the sub-2 hour half times.
  • Shut up and Run! is a new one I just found through a blog of a blog of a blog... and I love her already. She's running the San Antonio R&R this year - my first full last year. I'm so anxious to hear her race report and how she likes the course.
  • Planet Ynnep Running gets an award (even if she's a Tennessee fan) because she's a runner, she works UNGODLY hours, still finds time to run and she's a fellow dog-lover.
  • And last, but not least I couldn't leave out See Willie Run. Now Willie, I know this is kind of a girlie award, but you can handle it. Willie is like Flash Gordon fast. And he makes it sound so easy and nonchalant. "Oh - I just went out and ran three miles at 6:30 pace and I didn't even break a sweat and it was an easy, slow recovery run day and..." OK - maybe I paraphrased him a little, but he's super fast and just picks up marathon races at the last minute FOR FUN. He's a coo-coo head runner who LIKES the sun, but fun and inspiring all the same.
Argh - so many to choose from. There are so many great blogs out there. I have a running blog list on the side of my blog and they're all fantastic if you need some new inspiration and great support system.

Group run today. Repeats again, but shorter ones. No 1600s today (Whew!). Oh wait, I take that back, I just looked, 4x1000 meter repeats today. Ugh... Hopefully the rain will let up in time and cool things down.

Today I LOVE: all my awesome running blog buddies. Thanks for always motivating me!

7 comments:

Marlene said...

Aw, thank you so much for the award! Now, how on earth am I going to decide who to give it to?! :)

Good luck with your intervals today!

Southbaygirl said...

wait...did you say... "even if she's a Tennessee fan..." HELL YES i"m a TENNESSEE FAN! ROCKY TOP baby!!!

Hey cute award....it does look like southern chiffon! But it's PINK and I love pink!

Good for you getting an award! I'll have to check out her blog!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out, and for the great blog suggestions. Looking forward to checking them out!

Anonymous said...

All GREAT new running blogs!! Thanks for the recs :) hope the rain held off for ya - I'm definitely sick of it over here!!

Willie said...

I have a tear in my eye, it may from the pain in my legs but it quite possibly could be because of the AWESOME shout-out you gave me! Thanks so much even if you did paraphrased me and given me way to much credit for my running pace. Flattery will get you everywhere!

Congrats to you too! You deserve it.

I love the award picture! Very tacky and I like tacky.

ShutUpandRun said...

Yay! Thanks so much for my lovely award!! I am honored that you'd put my in the category of being a "lovely" blog. Keep reading and I'll be back often to visit yours.

RBR said...

Hoo! "Grandmother's sitting room" hilarious! All my family and relatives are from the south and my mother still has rooms like this in her house.

My house has all of four rooms (including the kitchen. so, yeah everything is fair game in there. I guess i ma not a good southern girl

Thanks for the shout out! You rock. Taper is killing me I have absolutely nothing interesting to say, I just wanted to say 'hi"

Hi! *waves like frantic idiot*