Wednesday, June 4, 2008

T-minus 4 days and counting....

I should really put up one of those ticker things to count down the time until the ILLs leave. Ha. Thing is, we don't know what time they're leaving on Sunday. I really, really want to go see SATC on Sunday with a girlfriend of mine. I might just go ahead and schedule it. Oh...and I decided to do the race on Saturday. It should be a lot of fun - several of the people that I trained with for the Mardi Gras marathon are running, it supports Ryan's store, AND you get a super cool pair of Brooks running shorts for the race (The race entry is $20. The shorts are worth $35!) AND it gets me out of the house for a couple of hours, ILL free.

I know I'm sounding so super negative towards them right now. It's just that they completely stress me out. I can tell. I'm eating like a horse. And I guess the fact that they see nothing wrong with staying for 8 days astounds me. They came to "help" but they're not helping, they're just exhausting Jeff and me. They make these HUGE sit down meals for us at night. Jeff and I don't eat that heavy. Usually it's a salad or light soup for dinner. Then we have to clean up the 80 pots and pans and plates that they have used to cook this meal. Really! I'm FINE with a bowl of cereal! One bowl, low calorie and I don't wake up with acid reflux and indigestion. I'm stressed, I'm eating like crazy and I'm completely exhausted. I hate that I cannot relax in my own house.

OK - enough ranting. On to more pleasant things. I have to run tonight because I just didn't have it in me to run this morning. The alarm went off and I was JUST exhausted. I did run my 6 miles on Sunday and walked the dogs in the a.m. on Monday. So today....tentatively I have to run my 3 to 4 miles (depending on how I feel and how hot it is.) I might even go to the gym. Again - it gets me out of the house! Heeee.....

No comments: