Friday, February 3, 2012

Scenes from a long run

Picture post from my last long run.

 It was a gorgeous day to be out for a run.

 I had the BEST running companion ever. He lasted about halfway and then conked out.

Rockin' my Newtons. I am seriously in love with these shoes.

 Stopping at the turnaround for a re-fuel and a stretch.


Not a good picture but there's a great little wooden bridge that I cross. It's always picturesque.


The Tunnel.  This goes underneath a major four-lane road.

 I always love seeing the tunnel because it means I'm only a half mile away from being DONE!

 And of course, my reward for completing a good, tough run.

4 comments:

ultrarunnergirl said...

You're already doing long runs? Damn, girl. You rock!!

Andrea said...

How are those Newtons treating you post pregnancy. Don't usually recommend a more minimal shoe early after pregnancy (at least 3 months and maybe even 6 due to ligament laxity and all the hormone changes). Looks like a great place to do a long run. Hope you enjoyed your post run treat!

JenZen said...

@Andrea - I really like the Newtons but I ran part-time in Vibrams before pregnancy and some at the beginning so I am a bit accustomed to more minimal shoes. I took the Newtons very slowly and worked my way up in mileage on them. My old Saucony shoes feel like huge clogs now. I noticed the relaxin affects mostly in my hips early post-partum. I don't notice it anymore (4 months PP now).

Jess A @cajunrunnerjess said...

Thanks for giving me a sneak peek of what to expect when Jessa arrives! Your little man is so cute! What jogging stroller did you go with? Do you have any issues with the front wheel wobbling?